Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still coming together, but not on schedule! Argh!!

Me again.

I hate it when the phrase "too good to be true" strikes. And while the Underwear Drive is still on (no way they're stopping me!), there has been a delay in the shipment.

After my renewed excitement and optimism yesterday, I found out today that the shipment will be delayed before it arrives in Vancouver. :-(

Somehow, the container the ginch are in fell between the bureaucratic cracks in Shanghai, and has been sitting on their docks for a few weeks. Now they've found it and it's on its way, but there's no way the container will land in time to stick to our original schedule. (The earliest it will arrive is May 12.)

So I am revising the dates of my trip, and will let you know when I have them sorted out again. This started out as a Christmas charity project in 2008, so I want to be sure it happens before Christmas 2009.

What is that quote about adversity? Here it is, found it online. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” (Henry Ford)

So here I go, nose into the wind. Sometimes the only way you can take these events is with a grain of philosophy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment